From the Desk of the CEO
JARC FL Coronavirus Update – Monday March 23, 2020
We hope everyone is coping with the coronavirus concerns in as best a positive way as possible. We wanted to keep everyone informed as to what our strategies and protocols are at JARC based on the most recent information available.
- We do not have any reported cases of the virus in any of our facilities or any of our staff.
- Reminder, any JARC Coronavirus communication will be by email or robocall and Facebook. JARC will not be following the Palm Beach County School announcements.
- In addition to all other communication we will be conducting a series of check-in calls with the families of each group home and our apartments with the CEO to inform you of what is currently going on and the activities that our staff is putting into place. Watch your email for call in information and schedule
- All previous protocols and screenings will remain in effect until informed by healthcare officials that they are no longer needed
- We have been informed that the Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) will be conducting random staff and asymptomatic resident screenings for the coronavirus at residential facilities
- We will be restricting our apartment residents from leaving the campus and all shopping will be conducted on their behalf by the staff
- Apartment residents have a wellness check daily at 10:00am follow by some activity that utilizes social distancing to get the residents fresh air
- We have reduced our onsite staff to only those key personnel needed to sustain our daily operation. All other staff have been set up to work remotely and conduct conference call in meetings
- We are continuing to secure all Preventative Protection Equipment (PPE) for all of our group staff who interact with our residents
- We have been informed that we can conduct Life Skill training as part of our ADT program for our group home residents and we are making health check in calls to all ADT community residential clients
- Since our group home residents do not meet any of the prescribed screening guidelines there is no expectation that any coronavirus testing of our residents will take place
- If any resident shows any signs of illness, families are contacted and they are being taken to urgent care for medical treatment and guidance
- We encourage families to FaceTime, Zoom or skype with your family members to see how happy and cared for they are during these uncertain time
- Please feel free to email Jeff Zirulnick at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns you may have pertaining to the JARC response to the coronavirus
We will continue to keep you updated as information and changes occur. We thank you for you understanding and cooperation to keep everyone healthy and safe.