MUSIC “MAN” OR WOMAN!
- Qualifications: Share your love of music.
- Description: Lead a sing-a-long. Show off your vocal and instrumental abilities, provide music lessons, bring your band and give a day concert at our administrative building, or an evening of music “on the green” behind JARC’s group homes.
- Benefits: There has been extensive clinical research supporting the clinical benefits of music therapy for individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Location(s): JARC’s Administrative building in Boca Raton (open 9 – 2:30 weekdays); or group homes (flexible late afternoon, evening and weekend hours).
- Time commitment: Weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, or make a one-time appearance.
ONE-ON-ONE TUTORS FOR SUPPORTED LIVING CLIENTS
- Qualifications: Currently attending vocational college
- Description: Tutor Clients to improve math skills and money management. High School Seniors/ College students will receive community service hours.
- Location: Supported Living Apartments on JARC’s main campus
- Time commitment: One hour weekly
- Hours: Mondays at 5pm or Tuesdays at 6pm or Thursdays at 6pm
FRIDAY MORNING GARDENERS
- Qualifications: A love of gardening.
- Description: Partner with our clients in therapeutic garden related activities at JARC’s Friday Morning Garden Club. Enable clients to learn gardening skills, and take pride in growing and nurturing their own plants and vegetables.
- Location: The JARC Urban Garden, behind supported living apartments, main campus
- Time commitment: One to four hours monthly when the gardening club meets
- Hours: Friday mornings. Time TBA
- Help Fulfill a client’s dream of learning ballet
- Teach JARC’s supported living clients about nutrition and cooking simple recipes. Weekends or evenings.